Dulcimers need their strings in order to play, and without the highest quality, best strings that you can find on the market, you may notice that this changes the way that the instrument sounds when you’re playing it.
Weeding through many of the strings that are being offered, there have come some that have made it to the top of the market, and come highly recommended for both the beginner and the advanced dulcimer player.
The strings can easily be installed onto your dulcimer, and provide you with the sweet soothing sounds, without having to worry about spending time to change them out. They can easily be placed on just about any dulcimer since strings are versatile.
Choosing the best set of strings for your dulcimer can be done, check out some of the best ones on the market that are highly rated for those that want to become better dulcimer players overall.
What to Look for in Dulcimer Strings
- The types of strings offered: There are multiple types of strings that are offering in a pack, and you have to ensure that you get the right make up of strings to fit onto your dulcimer. Steel and nickel plated strings are the most popular, and long-standing choices that can provide crystal-clear sounds.
- Quality of the strings: The quality of the strings matters, and depending on where they were made, and the brand; they will be less or more durable than others on the market.
- Gauge sizes: Each dulcimer has a different gauge on it, and depending on which ones you’re in need of, you need to make sure that the pack you choose has the right sizes for the instrument.
- Ball or loop ends: Both ends can be used, but generally loops ends last longer and stay put without needing to be tuned again and again. They’re also easier to install onto the dulcimer, rather than the ball choice.
Have high quality, made in USA strings when you choose to use D’Addario J64 4-String Dulcimer Strings. With a high backing, and providing the highest in quality when playing, they rarely need to be tuned once installed onto the dulcimer.
Designed specifically for the four string dulcimer, you’re able to get three steel strings, and one nickel plated to place within the handle and body of the instrument.
Bright tone and excellent sounds come from the use of these new strings.
The strings always come fresh, since they package them in corrosion resistant packaging. Enjoy always having the best sounds from the highest quality strings with the use of these strings that provide a bit more for the user.
Providing the highest in quality and performance, the strings have come a long way and are easy to install.
- Loop ends that are easy to install with any loop end dulcimer
- Great quality strings for a bargain price
- Fit the dulcimer perfectly
- Purchased several sets, all of great quality, as backup strings
Read customer reviews
Through the use of the high-quality Martin Set of 4 Dulcimer Strings, you’re able to enjoy the benefits of continuing your song playing when you use high-quality replacement strings for your instrument.
With many gauges, you’re able to add them to your instrument with ease and ensure that they fit properly each and every time.,t
Wound to specific specifications, they provide you with minimal tension pulling when adding them to your dulcimer.
The loop ends provide a superior fit to your dulcimer, allowing you to easily install them onto any instrument that takes loophole strings on the end.
They can also be pulled tighter for shorter dulcimers that are out there, and come pre-pulled out for longer instruments.
These strings are made with the highest in quality standards and materials so that they are able to easily be played, but also last for some time.
- Easy to install on your dulcimer
- Great quality and construction
- Wonderful sounds once installed onto the instrument
- Great to use for a backup set
Read customer reviews
The use of the Martin M640 Nickel Alloy Dulcimer Strings provides the player with the ultimate when it comes to attaching and continuing their songs for some time since these strings were made to last.
Coming in multiple gauges, you can have the perfect fit throughout the dulcimer, and provide them with the essential playing that is being done.
Made of the highest quality, so that they are rated for daily use, and ensure that they’re not going to fall off, or come apart during regular playing time on the instrument.
Each of the strings is wound to a specific standard with nickel alloy, and will not rust or fall apart with repeated use.
They are packaged ideally so that they do not become ruined during the transition from one instrument to the next.
With many sets, the most standard set is usually the one you want to play with since it provides you with the optimal strings to use that are going to fit on the instrument.
- The strings are very forgiving if you’re new to re-stringing the dulcimer
- High-quality product that produces a high-quality sound
- Can be cut down to fit the size of the dulcimer, because they come longer
- Dulcimer sounds much better using these strings than the factory ones provided with the instrument
- Went on easily and sound great
Read customer reviews